1. Personal data – what is it? Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we? For the purposes of this document, ‘we’ means the board of Olive Branch Bradford Ltd together with the senior leaders and volunteers of Olive Branch Community Church. We are the data controller (contact details below). This means we are responsible for deciding how your personal data is processed by us, and for what purposes.
3. How do we process personal data? Olive Branch Bradford Ltd complies with its obligations under the GDPR by:
• keeping personal data up to date; • by storing and destroying it securely; • by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; • by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure • by not providing personal data to third parties, except where there is specific authorisation to do so; • by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes:–
• a. To inform the congregation of news, prayer requests, testimonies, events, activities, conferences and services; • b. Occasionally, to ask for the views and opinions of the congregation about matters relating to Olive Branch Bradford Ltd and associated organisations; • c. To provide pastoral care to the congregation; • d. To manage events, meetings, rotas and volunteers in order to enable us to provide church services, home groups and other ministries, including work for youth, children, special needs and the elderly; • e. To fundraise and promote the interests of Olive Branch Bradford Ltd, it’s mission partners and associated organisations; • f. To share your contact details with Olive Branch Bradford event management team so they can keep you informed about news, activities and services that will be occurring and which may be directly relevant to the role you are undertaking in the church; • h. To maintain our own accounts and records • i. To comply with our legal obligations to maintain records and registers; • j. To manage our volunteers and subcontractors; • k. To manage relationships with outside hirers and suppliers.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data? In processing personal data we rely on the following legal bases: • Explicit consent of the data subject; • Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement; • Processing is carried out by us as a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim and: – • the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and • there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing personal data. Personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members, or for purposes connected withour work. We will only share personal data with third parties outside of our work with the data subject’s consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data? We keep data for as long as you are participating in a member of Olive Branch Bradford. You are free to request that no further event promotions are sent at any time at which point your data will be deleted.